Cardamom Cinnamon Spiced Muffins (makes 7 muffins, serving size is one muffin)
Net Carbs: 1.5g
Fat: 11 g
Protein: 5 g
This is a variation of the chocolate almond meal cake, with cinnamon and cardamom instead of cocoa powder, and half the almond flour substituted for cauliflower (yes, cauliflower: it sounds weird, but it’s really just filler! Healthy filler!!!)
0.5 cups almond meal
1 tsp cardamom spice*
1/2 tsp cinnamon*
*My muffins could have used a little more flavour: next time, I’ll use 1.5 tsp cardamom, and 1 tsp cinnamon.
3/4 tsp baking powder
8 walnuts, chopped
1/8 tsp salt
0.5 cups riced cauliflower
1/8 cup (1/2 stick) butter, melted
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
3 Packets Sweet ‘n Low
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Chop up cauliflower, and blend in a food processor until smooth. Fry over a medium heat in a fry pan for 6-8 minutes, or until translucent.
3. In a medium mixing bowl, stir together almond meal, spices, baking powder, walnuts and salt.
4. In a large mixing bowl, beat eggs with whisk or electric mixer.
5. Add butter and mix again. Add vanilla and sweetener and mix again.
6. Add dry ingredients to egg mixture. Stir/mix until thoroughly blended. Add cauliflower, blend.
7. Pour batter into 7 muffin cups and bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 min, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
If you eat them fresh ‘n warm out of the oven, add a little butter with cinnamon on top, it melts and gets all lovely!