Creamy Cauliflower Soup with bacon (serves four)
Calories per serving: 239
Net carbs: 9 g (8g if onion omitted)
3 Slices of Bacon
1/2 onion, minced
1 cloves of garlic, minced
4 ribs of celery, chopped
1 head of cauliflower, chopped
1 tsp dried thyme
2 cups of chicken stock
1/2 cup whipping cream
1 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp salt
1. In a large pot, fry bacon until crispy. Set aside, leaving fat in pot.
2. In bacon fat over low heat, cook onion, garlic. onion, and celery until softened, about 5 minutes.
3. Add cauliflower, cook for another 10 minutes over medium high heat.
4. Add thyme and stock, simmer for another 10 mintues.
5. Blend soup in a food processor until smooth, then return to pot to reheat.
6. Add cream, pepper and salt.
7. Crumble bacon over soup and serve.