Roasted Eggplant Spinach Crust Pizza (Serves one)
Net Carbs: 11g
2 cups spinach
1 large egg
1/2 cup grated mozzarella cheese
Salt, pepper, garlic powder to taste
1/3 eggplant, sliced thinly
Kosher salt, to taste
2 tbsp olive oil
1/4 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
1 clove of garlic
1/2 tsp chili flakes
1. Turn on the broil setting of your oven. Lightly coat both sides of eggplant slices, and sprinkle with kosher salt. Broil for 4 minutes on each side, careful not to let them burn.
2. Meanwhile, blend all ingredients for the crust in a food processor, and spread on a lightly oiled piece of parchment paper or tin foil on a baking sheet (super important to oil the paper or foil, otherwise your crust WILL stick). You should get a crust about the size of a small plate.
3. After you have removed the eggplant, turn the oven down to 425 degrees, and pop the crust in for about 20 minutes.
4. Fry the garlic clove and chili flakes for about a minute in a small amount of oil.
5. Once crust is cooked, layer about half the grated mozzarella and Parmesan cheese over it, then the eggplant, the rest of the cheese, and the garlic and chili flakes.
6. Return pizza to oven for 5-10 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbly. Then serve!